New look 'School Leavers Kit' Released
School Leavers – What's next for you?
Explore the new School Leavers Information Kit or contact the free Information Service to help you work out your next steps to training and employment.
Sometimes just doing PLP in year 10 doesn't really cut it RE: helping you find work after school. There is a new look kit for everyone leaving school to check out if you are keen to get into the workforce.
Are you aged between 15 and 24 years and looking for help to work out your next steps to employment? The National Careers Institute can support you to prepare for work after you leave school. A School Leavers Information Kit has been developed and School Leavers Information Service with call, text and email options available.
The School Leavers Information Kit, Your Career: What’s next for you? provides national and local information to help make decisions about post-school education, training and work pathways, and can help:
- build your future career: with information about further education and training options and information on Australian industries in high demand
- understand short-term options: such as short-term education and training, and options to pursue alternative opportunities such as work experience or volunteering
- financial assistance so you can pursue your goal: information on financial assistance, starting your first job and local careers information.
The School Leavers Information Service can help to navigate the School Leavers Information Kit, access to and use of the Your Career website, or be referred to relevant government programs and support services. You could also access a personalised career guidance session with a qualified career practitioner for up to 45 minutes. The information service is available by:
- calling 1800 CAREER (1800 227 337)
- texting SLIS2021 to 0429 009 435, or
This is a free service, however minimal call/text costs may apply.
For more information, visit: yourcareer.gov.au/school-leavers-support.