Alternative Methods To Obtaining Your Drivers License
For many young South Aussies, Having a drivers license can be key for getting a job. As you already most likely know, the method to obtaining one can be lengthy and at times, annoying.
TAFE SA is providing a short course to obtain your Learner’s permit without attending Services SA. TAFE SA staff assist with the lead up to the theory test with expert support in helping you achieve a successful pass. Instead of completing the Learner’s Permit test with Service SA, you will complete your assessment with TAFE SA.
· Courses are held throughout each semester at TAFE SA campuses and are advertised on the TAFE SA website.
· TAFE SA can also provide industry focussed courses for schools, councils, job network providers, aboriginal groups and youth centres.
· These courses can be run on either TAFE campuses or on their business sites but they do require a minimum of 16 with a maximum of 20 participants.
· Students who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are fee-free – a discount code is available to use, when applying online.
· Students are able to bring a support person to the course – TAFE SA just ask that they be notified prior to the course so they can ensure the room is suitable for COVID requirements.
· ID requirements are very stringent – the participant must be able to present the identification to the lecturer on the day of the course or they will be unable to participate in the session (see attached).
· The course fee is usually $134 but if you are on an Income Support Payment from Services Australia check with your Employment Services provider who may be able to assist around payment
For more information on how to apply, click HERE
Subscribe to FreshJobs HERE